- General. Arcadia Resorts Club (“ARC”) respects the privacy of each individual who registers with us. This policy describes how we collect and protect information from all individuals who register for our information, both those who register for information only, as well as those who purchase products or services or enter sweepstakes, what is done with the information collected, and the choices individuals have concerning the collection and use of such information.
- Information Collected Online.
- ARC is the sole owner of the information collected on this form. Your information will not be sold, shared, or rented to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement.
- The following is considered to be Personal Identifying Information ("PII"): e-mail address, name, password, mailing address, phone numbers, and if applicable, credit card information.
- This form does not collect PII about a user other than information that is voluntarily provided. For example, the information that a user provides when he or she chooses to complete this form.
- This information is considered confidential and will only be shared if necessary to provide the services and/or products offered. In this way the user's needs as well as ARC’s, own legitimate business purposes can be served. On occasion your PII may be used to help improve the forms used by ARC and other marketing and promotional programs.
- Member Account Registration. In order to receive relevant information, a user must complete the registration form. During registration a user is required to give information such as his/her name, zip code, e-mail address phone number and mailing address. This information is collected for several reasons including:
As a registrant you may receive updates about special offers, new travel services, or other items of interest. However, you may always decline to receive email and/or phone contact. (See the "Opt-Out" section of this policy described below.)
- Personal identification
- To provide relevant travel information to meet specific preferences
- To meet all legal requirements and regulatory requirements
- Cookies. A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's hard drive tied to aggregate information about the user. Once the user closes their browser, the cookie simply terminates. For instance, by setting a cookie on a website, the user would not have to sign in to their account more than once, thereby saving time while on the site. If a user rejects the cookie, they may still use the site. The only drawback to this is that the user will not be able to sign in to their account or purchase through the site.
- Log Files. Like most standard website servers this site uses log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses and time/date stamps may be used to record details regarding the user’s registration.
- In some instances, ARC and a third-party may partner to jointly promote a service, product, or sweepstakes. When a user signs up for these services, their name or other contact information that is necessary to provide these services may be shared. These partners are not allowed to use this information except for the purpose stated.
- Exceptions. It is the policy of ARC, not to use or share your personal information in ways other than the ones described above. However, personal information or information regarding use of these services may be disclosed for any reason, if it is reasonable to do so. Including but not limited to:
- Satisfying laws such as the Electronic Communications Privacy Act
- Complying with regulations, or government or legal requests for such information
- Disclosing information that is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating ARC’s, "Terms and Conditions" or other user policies
- Protecting ARC, and its registrants.
- Links to Other Websites. While visiting this form, if you click on a link to another website, the privacy policies of those websites and companies may differ from those expressed on this form. ARC is not responsible for the information collection practices of other websites nor is it liable for any unlawful collection of your information that may take place when you visit another website other than ARC’s. You access these websites at your own risk.
- Service Announcements. On rare occasions it is necessary to send out a strictly service related announcement related to your registration for information. Generally, users may not opt-out of these communications, however, these communications are not promotional in nature.
- Surveys & Contests. From time-to-time ARC may request information from users via surveys or contests.
- Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information.
- Information requested may include contact information (such as name and mailing address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level).
- Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes.
- Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of ARC’s sites.
- This information is not shared with third parties, unless specifically stated otherwise.
- The names and cities of contest or sweepstakes winners may be announced publicly.
- Please see "Sweepstakes Rules" under Policies and Procedures where applicable for more information.
- Tell A Friend. If a user elects to use the referral tools for informing a friend about ARC, they will be asked for the friend's name and e-mail address. A one-time email will automatically be sent to the friend inviting them to view the relevant information.
- This website takes every precaution to protect user information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and off-line. While every effort is made to ensure the integrity and security of this network, it is not guaranteed that these security measures will prevent all malicious third party "hackers" from illegally obtaining this information.
- When a purchase form asks users to enter sensitive information (i.e. credit card number), that information is encrypted before being transmitted across a Secure Socket Layer (SSL). While on a secure page the lock icon on the bottom of the web browser (i.e. Microsoft Internet Explorer, Safari or Chrome) becomes locked, as opposed to un-locked.
- While SSL encryption is used to protect sensitive information online, every possible effort is made to also protect user information off-line. All user information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is confidential. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Furthermore, ALL employees are kept up-to-date on security and privacy practices.
- Correction/Updating Personal Information. If a user's PII changes (such as your e-mail address), a way to correct and update your personal data will be provided.
- Opt-Out Policy. If you choose to remove yourself from the ARC contact list(s) simply send a written request to:
Arcadia Resorts Club, Suite 20
All email communication subsequent to this registration will also provide email opt-out capability.
14100 Walsingham Road
Largo, FL, 33774
- Children's Online Privacy Protection Act. ARC has no intentions of collecting any personally identifiable information (name, address, telephone number, birth date, or e-mail address) from individuals under 18 years of age. If a child has provided personally identifiable information, a parent or guardian of that child should contact us at the e-mail address listed at the bottom of this statement if they would like this information deleted from our records. Every reasonable effort to delete that child's information from our database will be made.
- Policy Changes. This Privacy and Security Policy may be amended at any time. Changes to this policy will be reflected by the "Effective Date" as displayed at the top of this policy. If at any point PII will be used in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, Members would be notified by way of e-mail. Users will have a choice as to whether or not their information is used in this different manner.